Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No User folder being generated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NovaStorm64

Hi,

After encountering a problem I uninstalled my Dolphin by deleting the folders, and when I reinstalled no user folder was generated.
So I followed the official advice with portable.txt and modifying the registry. One of them worked once and created a user directory inside the dolphin-x64 folder but upon moving the folder from Downloads to a different directory it broke (I didn't know you could point it to the right direction again), so again I reinstalled.
LocalUserConfig doesn't seem to work, as I've tried dozens of times with it active and it doesn't work.

So what I'd appreciate is a full, default User folder and a reminder on how to get Dolphin to look in the right place for it, as Dolphin is STILL stubbornly refusing to generate one, even without the registry edits (no folder appears in Documents).

Currently LocalUserConfig = 1

Thanks
It sounds like you don't have permissions to write to wherever you've copied your dolphin directory.

NovaStorm64

(02-23-2020, 04:07 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you don't have permissions to write to wherever you've copied your dolphin directory.
uh, no?
They're all enabled under security, and it doesn't work no matter what folder it's in.

NovaStorm64

Huh, looks like It would only create it in the downloads folder with portable, so I moved to the correct dir after it made the user folder in downloads. ta