Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Render to Main Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been recording a lot of footage lately and have found it to be rather inconvenient in recent history to do so. I always run Dolphin in borderless fullscreen @ 16:9 AR and I use the Render to Main Window option. I used to never had issues recording Dolphin regardless of the capture software in the past, but some time after build 5.0-6286 this was changed and has become difficult to work with. Dolphin stopped rendering to the main window in fullscreen at some point. Why was this changed? Now my capture software either can't detect Dolphin at all, or has to be pointed to it each time I run it since it generates a new window per game even if `Render to Main Window` is enabled. Here is a screenshot of a before and after:

[Image: n37twGh]

I tried digging through the commit history to find exactly where this was changed but I was unable to find the commit. If any info could be provided it would be greatly appreciated. Could this change also be reversed assuming there wasn't a crucial reason for it?

Here's a link to the image since the embed seems to be broken:

https://imgur.com/n37twGh
I found out how to resolve the recording issues. This was my main goal, but Dolphin still doesn't render to the main window regardless. I will keep this post up for anyone else with the same issue. The solution is to have the following options enabled

- Fullscreen
- Borderless Fullscreen
- Auto-Adjust Window Size

Auto-Adjust Window Size is what did it for me.