Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Save on Pokemon XD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TimHorn

I hope i'm posting this on the right page but i'm new here so i have no idea, but i'm doing a Pokemon XD YouTube series but i'm having a problem where i'm saving & the game said i changed memory cards & i can't save now, but the thing is i never did change the memory card. So why is it saying i did when i didn't? More importantly, how can i fix this so i can save? i'm 5 hours ahead of my save thanks to Savestate but i found out Action Replay won't load on savestates but will when i load my save so i need to fix this so i can use ar plus i'm very worried about my savestates getting overridden
In order to not get into this situation, avoid using savestates.

TimHorn

i need to use them due to how the game plays & obs for me regularly screws up & saving all the time would prevent me from re filming my parts if i need to.....
The game itself has a ton of protection to prevent people from duping pokemon across memcards. By mixing savestates with regular saves, it's very possible to trigger the game's own detection that it thinks you're duping pokemon.

I don't know what your best course of action going forward would be. Someone could manually make action replay codes to disable said detection, or you have to be much more careful about how you use savestates in coordination with standard saves. Given you're already in a situation where the game refuses to save... I'm not sure what you can do.

TimHorn

(02-21-2020, 06:37 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The game itself has a ton of protection to prevent people from duping pokemon across memcards.  By mixing savestates with regular saves, it's very possible to trigger the game's own detection that it thinks you're duping pokemon.

I don't know what your best course of action going forward would be.  Someone could manually make action replay codes to disable said detection, or you have to be much more careful about how you use savestates in coordination with standard saves.  Given you're already in a situation where the game refuses to save... I'm not sure what you can do.

What i would do is i would use savestates after i catch a shadow pokemon or beforehand just incase it gets knocked out, after i filmed & make sure my video file is okay, i do the normal save & then savestate afterwards for quicker load when i do the next ep, i did this for Pokemon Colosseum for a youtube series i did for almost 2 years without no problem & same for Luigi's Mansion. Was this new for XD?

Maybe i should look up if an ar code was made but i don't know how i to describe it to search it up  Undecided