Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Newer Super Mario Bros Wii. slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The world map is running fine but when i get into the levels it turns very slow... (SPECS: Intel Core i3 4150 2 cores 3,50GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050)
Well you spec are more then enough. What are you setting in the graphic panel. As long as the enhancements are reasonable you should be fine. That card should be fine for 3x async ubershader with no aa or antialiasing . If you the other ubershader opinion it won't run as well as is unnecessary for general usually is for testing. Also is vync on? It possible that the display is set for some reason to 30 hz(lot of 4k tv I used do this by default and vynsc could be lock it in game to 30 or 50% of the gameplay.
(02-18-2020, 06:53 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=18566][attachment=18565]Well you spec are more then enough. What are you setting in the graphic panel. As long as the enhancements are reasonable you should be fine. That card should be fine for 3x async ubershader with no aa or antialiasing . If you the other ubershader opinion it won't run as well as is unnecessary for general usually is for testing. Also is vync on? It possible that the display is set for some reason to 30 hz(lot of 4k tv I used do this by default and vynsc could be lock it in game to 30 or 50% of the gameplay.
What are your settings? Also, have you checked your pc temps to make sure it's not throttling? Do you have similar issues when playing other games?
also no vsync is not on, i have the cpu clock thing set to almost max because i wanted more fps
(02-19-2020, 06:02 AM)imgonnafixthis Wrote: [ -> ]also no vsync is not on, i have the cpu clock thing set to almost max because i wanted more fps

If you're referring to the "Emulated CPU Clock Override", that doesn't do what you seem to think it does:

The value changes the effective clock of the /emulated/ CPU - e.g. at 200% it tries to emulate a gamecube with a it's cpu running at 972 mhz, instead of the original hardware's 486 mhz. It effectively the game every CPU operation took half the time it would have on the original hardware. Some games *do not* handle this well - as consoles are released with known hardware, games may rely on specific timings of operations, that this messes with. It's not just a magic "game go faster" switch.

This naturally makes it more demanding to emulate on your PC - though you might not notice if the game isn't doing anything with the CPU and is otherwise idle (emulating "doing nothing" is naturally easier Smile

If your PC cannot handle the increased emulation load (IE emulate 2x the cpu cycles in the same time), the game will appear slower, audio will often cut out and you'll get weird stutter and juddering and dropped frames.

Dolphin exposes a "perfect" hardware model to the game, including how long things *should* have taken to process even if your host PC can't keep up. The game doesn't know and still believes the same time has passed from it's point of view in the emulated world as it would have if your host PC could keep up. So it will still wait ~16ms of emulated CPU time to output the next frame (if targeting 60fps) - even if it took longer than that due to emulation slowdown.
(02-19-2020, 06:19 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]If you're referring to the "Emulated CPU Clock Override", that doesn't do what you seem to think it does:

The value changes the effective clock of the /emulated/ CPU - e.g. at 200% it tries to emulate a gamecube with a it's cpu running at 972 mhz, instead of the original hardware's 486 mhz. It effectively the game every CPU operation took half the time it would have on the original hardware. Some games *do not* handle this well - as consoles are released with known hardware, games may rely on specific timings of operations, that this messes with. It's not just a magic "game go faster" switch.

This naturally makes it more demanding to emulate on your PC - though you might not notice if the game isn't doing anything with the CPU and is otherwise idle (emulating "doing nothing" is naturally easier Smile

If your PC cannot handle the increased emulation load (IE emulate 2x the cpu cycles in the same time), the game will appear slower, audio will often cut out and you'll get weird stutter and juddering and dropped frames.

Dolphin exposes a "perfect" hardware model to the game, including how long things *should* have taken to process even if your host PC can't keep up. The game doesn't know and still believes the same time has passed from it's point of view in the emulated world as it would have if your host PC could keep up. So it will still wait ~16ms of emulated CPU time to output the next frame (if targeting 60fps) - even if it took longer than that due to emulation slowdown.
oh