Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getiing PowerA Wired Gamecube Controller working in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

iartolozaga2

So I recently bought a PowerA Wired Gamecube Controller for my Nintendo Switch. It works flawlessly in that console, but recently I have become interested in PC Emulation and I have thought about playing Gamecube games in the Dolphin Emulator with this controller.

When I go into the documentation for Dolphin, they only mention they have support for the WiiU Gamecube adapter. There is no mention of Gamecube controllers that don't need this adapter (mine just uses a standard USB2.0 to connect).

The logical solution to this would be to use a software that takes the inputs from this controller and creates, say, a virtual Xbox controller, and maps my inputs to inputs in that virtual controller. A good example of this would be TocaEdit's Xbox 360 COntroller Emulator.

The problem is that my controller is not recognized as a Game Controller. It shows up in the Device Manager like this. If I use Zadig and install standard the WinUSB driver on it, it shows up like this, but it still isn't recognized by either Dolphin or the Xbox Controller Emulator.

My question is: Is there anything else that I can try to set it up? This controller is not very popular so there aren't a lot of resources online about it. I'm also not sure I can even use it on my PC. Any leads are appreciated.
I don't think you need winusb. Uninstall the driver, and hope that this time windows decides it is a game controller.

Many PC games only support xinput for controllers, and not dinput. Controller emulators typically translate dinput to xinput. You won't need this for dolphin, as dolphin supports both.

PowerA specifically does not support using their controllers on PC. I wasn't able to find anything, but maybe try steams generic controller support? Although I think this is also typically for direct input.

NormalNamePerson

(02-17-2020, 11:30 PM)iartolozaga2 Wrote: [ -> ]So I recently bought a PowerA Wired Gamecube Controller for my Nintendo Switch. It works flawlessly in that console, but recently I have become interested in PC Emulation and I have thought about playing Gamecube games in the Dolphin Emulator with this controller.

When I go into the documentation for Dolphin, they only mention they have support for the WiiU Gamecube adapter. There is no mention of Gamecube controllers that don't need this adapter (mine just uses a standard USB2.0 to connect).

The logical solution to this would be to use a software that takes the inputs from this controller and creates, say, a virtual Xbox controller, and maps my inputs to inputs in that virtual controller. A good example of this would be TocaEdit's Xbox 360 COntroller Emulator.

The problem is that my controller is not recognized as a Game Controller. It shows up in the Device Manager like this. If I use Zadig and install standard the WinUSB driver on it, it shows up like this, but it still isn't recognized by either Dolphin or the Xbox Controller Emulator.

My question is: Is there anything else that I can try to set it up? This controller is not very popular so there aren't a lot of resources online about it. I'm also not sure I can even use it on my PC. Any leads are appreciated.

NormalNamePerson

Any luck in this regard? I was also hoping to use the same controller.