Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Update Dolphin on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just built dolphin on Bodhi Linux...

But how can I update Dolphin on linux ???

EDIT: Please help! I am a newbie on linux!!
Open a new Terminal and move into the folder where you git cloned Dolphin. Run the command "git pull origin" to get the latest updates, and then follow the steps to build it again.
Thanks for that...
I will try out that tomorrow...

But well isn't there a way to build dolphin updater
The updater that is included with Dolphin only works on Windows and macOS. For Linux, the intent is that you can use a package manager to update Dolphin.
And will I lose any of the game data, game settings etc. during the rebuild of dolphin....???
(02-18-2020, 12:37 PM)Amul2004 Wrote: [ -> ]And will I lose any of the game data, game settings etc. during the rebuild of dolphin....???

No, none of that data will be deleted. However, it may be the case that savestates you have made are not compatible with the new version of Dolphin. The savestate files will still be there, you just won't be able to open them unless you go back to an older version of Dolphin.
And for intel gpu owners, is Mesa drivers better or Intel original windows drivers?
(02-18-2020, 06:59 PM)Amul2004 Wrote: [ -> ]And for intel gpu owners, is Mesa drivers better or Intel original windows drivers?

IIRC mesa opengl is better than windows opengl, but I'm not sure if it beats windows d3d.
MESA has the advantage of supporting Vulkan with the Intel HD Graphics 4000, while the Windows Intel drivers has zero support for it. MESA driver with Vulkan probably beats both DX11 and OpenGL with Intel drivers on Windows...
Make sure you have Vulkan installed before you switch to using Vulkan, otherwise you'll just get a black screen

Most games won't run at 100% speed above Native resolution, but your mileage may vary depending on the game.