Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio stuttering in all games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure how to describe it but all games are running at full speed but the audio often sounds weird,like it is not running at full speed and I often hear some popping noise
No matter what DSP engine,audio backend,latency,use stretching with any value above the default or set the cpu clock to 400% ,the problem is still there,the audio is almost never smooth

I know that during shaders compilation something like this may happen but I am talking about staying at the same place for a while and even after reloading the game

Just mentioning some
Arc Rise Fantasia(in world map and the title screen is most noticeable)
Skies or Arcadia Legends
Tales of Symphonia
Xenoblade Chronicles

This is my first time spending little more time on dolphin since I get the laptop with win10(i7-6700HQ/GTX1060/16GB ram)and no,I am not playing on battery.
The last time it was on Win7 on the PC in my signature(I cannot test it there anytime soon)

The version I used on my pc is 4.0-5420 and when I test it on the laptop,it works almost the same way(or maybe little better)
While running those games,the cpu and the gpu are barely reaching 10% usage(cpu 10,gpu 5%)
Anything under 5.0 is not supported, update to the latest development build is recommended.
Well ok but that doesn't fix the problem even when using the latest beta.
I just made a recording using Movie=>Dump Audio and I notest that the wav file plays perfectly but when I listen to the music at the title screen of Arc Rise Fantasia,there is some popping noise non stop(which doesn't exist in dspdump.wav)