Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii games not working on 5.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yungwalnut

hey everyone,

I just downloaded version 5 (the latest stable version) and installed a few games, including 2 wii games and 1 gamecube. The gamecube game works fine, but both of my wii games show up as gamecube games with a gray X for the logo instead of game art. When i boot them up, I just get a plain black screen. I tried using the latest dev version too, but it didn't help. I also tried switching the graphics backend thingy and loading it in windowed mode. I'm 90 percent sure it's not the game files themselves since i got them from multiple different sources, unless both of them were broken. Can someone help me out? I've added an attatchment to show what i'm talking about.
(02-15-2020, 11:32 AM)yungwalnut Wrote: [ -> ]I'm 90 percent sure it's not the game files themselves since i got them from multiple different sources, unless both of them were broken.

Downloading games is against the Forum Rules. To avoid issues like this in the future, it really is best to dump/rip the games straight from the discs.

Closed.