Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very bad slow downs / frame rate drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

profb33

I downloaded Dolphin the other day and initially everything seemed okay, but now the slow downs seem to make my games totally unplayable. I'm not sure if I was just not noticing it before or if it has actually gotten worse. The game typically runs at 60-80% of the speed it should do, causing not only a drop in frame rate but the entire game slows down and music becomes distorted. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my settings or if my laptop simply isn't good enough (although surely even a mediocre laptop should be able to run an old Wii game?). I'll list my specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: 8GB

Thanks
Make sure the laptop is plugged in and in high performance mode.

profb33

(02-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Extre meDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the laptop is plugged in and in high performance mode.

Yes, it's plugged in. I think its in high performance mode. From Nvidia control pannel I selected it to run Dolphin at high performance. I've also entered the command "[color=#222222]powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61" to make sure windows is running on high performance, and still the slow downs persist.[/color]
what laptop model is this? U series even in high performance mode is still very dependent on manufacturer settings