Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SnoozeLuL

What settings should I use to have the best fps and good quality gameplay? I have an amd ryzen 3 3200g and an Amd rx580 gpu. What are the best settings?
Make sure you are on the dev builds. Use any backend other than opengl, since you are on an amd gpu. Enable async ubershaders. Set all of the checkboxes in enhancements by preference. Put your internal resolution to match your monitor, enable anisotropic filtering, and add whatever AA you have to spare.

SnoozeLuL

(02-15-2020, 05:33 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you are on the dev builds. Use any backend other than opengl, since you are on an amd gpu. Enable async ubershaders. Set all of the checkboxes in enhancements by preference. Put your internal resolution to match your monitor, enable anisotropic filtering, and add whatever AA you have to
I have found synchronous to be the best option for me so I will stick to that. Thx for the other things tho

dionysos283

I have a similar question.

I'm running Dolphin on macOS Catalina and have some frame drop issues. I already play on the lowest resolution with default settings and all other applications closed.
CPU: 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Is there anything I can do to increase the frame rate? Couldn't I use the other two cores somehow?
Thanks!
(02-22-2020, 07:43 PM)dionysos283 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar question.

I'm running Dolphin on macOS Catalina and have some frame drop issues. I already play on the lowest resolution with default settings and all other applications closed.
CPU: 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Is there anything I can do to increase the frame rate? Couldn't I use the other two cores somehow?
Thanks!

If your frame drops are short stutters, try enabling async ubershaders. Switch the backend to moltenvk, and make sure your Mac isn't in some sort of power saving mode. Otherwise you might want to try running windows/Linux.