Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there any possible way to change the window title of the game window?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I would like to make streaming dolphin through OBS easier and an issue that I have is that the game window title is always changing from what game I am running, the FPS changing, as well as the version number going up.
For example:
"Dolphin [version number] | JIT64 DC | Vulkan | HLE | FPS | [game name]"

The problem is that in OBS either I have it set to always match the title exactly but then when I update my build then I have to go back and fix every single source for each one of the games I would stream.
But if I use find similar title then when I close a game it swaps to the game list which I don't want it to swap to.

Is there any way how I could change the title of the window to something generic like "Render window" or something like that?
That's probably something that can be easily edited in the source code, but then you would need to compile Dolphin from that modified source by yourself. Perhaps try opening an issue with this feature request on our bug tracker?
Probably something to ask the OBS peeps as well. Many program let you generically match window titles (KDE's window manager app rules let you do that via substring match and similar search methods) and since OBS already has title matching it might be a feature they could add. That would make things a bit more generic so you could apply this to any emulators you might use that run into the same problem Dolphin has
(02-15-2020, 05:30 AM)KatIsntGood Wrote: [ -> ]Probably something to ask the OBS peeps as well. Many program let you generically match window titles (KDE's window manager app rules let you do that via substring match and similar search methods) and since OBS already has title matching it might be a feature they could add. That would make things a bit more generic so you could apply this to any emulators you might use that run into the same problem Dolphin has

Yeah I actually have made a post on the OBS forums on the resource request section but it seems not too many have looked at it so I'm not too sure if anything will happen over there.