Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Faster Dolby Prologic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I can't use Dolby Prologic with HLE audio. Is LLE a requirement?
The issue is that LLE recompiler is utterly slow. Even turning the Dolby quality slider all the way down I get audio hiccups in games like Spyro - A Hero's Tail and that's while using Dual Core.
My system is an i7-4790K, GTX 1070, 16Gb.
You could try enabling Audio Stretching. I'm not sure what you mean by "slow" and "hiccup", do you mean stuttering?
I wouldn't say audio stuttering (as in ms) but it interrupts (mutes) like twice a second, performance wise the game suffers a lot and drops framerate.
I tested without audio stretching so I could free up some resources for the CPU, I don't like playing sub 60fps anyway.
I might be wrong but the last time I checked the Dolby Pro Logic Decoder only worked with DSP LLE and only if you had "official" DSP ROM files dumped from a console (the free, reverse engineered DSP ROM files that ships with Dolphin isn't sufficient)...
I tested a few games and it was working correctly. In any case I'm using my Wii NAND but couldn't locate the DSP ROM files there.
(02-06-2020, 10:07 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]I tested a few games and it was working correctly. In any case I'm using my Wii NAND but couldn't locate the DSP ROM files there.

AFAIK Dolby Pro Logic II should be working correctly even with HLE in the latest dev versions of Dolphin, I mean, my (REAL NOT VIRTUAL) 5.1 headset gives surround sound without issue.

Also those DSP files need to be ripped from a GameCube, they are not in the NAND AFAIK.
I found a procedure to rip the DSP files from NAND: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Emulation

I will try the latest dev builds, since I was testing with 5.0-11401

EDIT: Tried with the latest build and as soon as HLE is selected the Dolby settings grey out.
(02-06-2020, 11:31 PM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]I found a procedure to rip the DSP files from NAND: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Emulation

That procedure doesn't dump DSP ROMs from the NAND, it dumps DSP ROMs from the DSP. But yes, that is how you would dump them.
Ok, the problem is when both DPL and audio stretching are enabled. Couldn't find a bug report though.
Is there a game ini option to disable audio stretching?