Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just Dance 2014 Crash when rootca.pem is present
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I found just dance 2014 crashing all the time at the ubi logo. Sound loop and game crash, dolphin doesnt crash, can hit alt f4 to close it.

After trying clean install of dolphin and looking for problems.

I found that when rootca.pem is present, game crash.

If I delete rootca.pem, game works fine.

Im using my nand on dolphin, but this is the only game giving problems. Also other just dance edition s works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attached image where it crash with sound loop.
Also tried on another pc with a completely different nand, same problem.

No matter wich Dolphin versión, tried from a ayear ago, same. Maybe some online check with no servers response, dont know.
Ok, more info, tried with ethernet cable unplugged and doesnt crash.

So, its probably some response Dolphin cant handle.

I used to play this game before with the same nand and no problems.
(01-28-2020, 11:31 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/11910

Hi. Thanks.

Seems my thoughts are right. A timeout response that dolphin can't handle. That was not present when the game servers were active. Wonder how this behaves on a real Wii.

Probably the working ones, Will hang or crash when the servers close for those ones.
It works fine on the Wii /vWii...
So in dolphin, the only difference is that a timeout response cause game to hang, but a no response at all, make the game work fine. Its really a timeout without network connection, or the game when detecting no network, doesnt even try to reach server?
My guess is that Dolphin doesn't properly respond to the game that the connection timed out and the game then eventually crashes / hangs...
But there are other games that timeout correctly in dolphin, right? I remember trying some guitar hero with servers offline and just throw error and game keep working fine.
Can't say for other games. The only ones I own and that I know that has crash/hang issues on Dolphin related to offline servers are the main Just Dance franchise ones...