Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for my laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stats:

Core: Intel i3-6100 @ 2.30 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 520.

Most of the games I play are close to normal framerate, but I was wondering if there were some ways if I could speed it up a bit.
Update to the latest dev build and see if that helps. Also try updating your Intel iGPU drivers or get a dedicated GPU
(01-25-2020, 11:20 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest dev build and see if that helps. Also try updating your Intel iGPU drivers or get a dedicated GPU

Tried to update my driver. Says that I would have to contact the manufacturer. I'm also afraid that if I change my graphics driver, I might break my laptop in a way.

I am also on the latest dev build.
Usually no, you can just install the standard iGPU driver with no issue. Just google how to installed the .zip driver manually.
Or you can go to your manufacturer's website and see if they have an update

You can also check to make sure you're not being GPU limited by turning the Graphics Enhancements to 1x or off, so you're running at native resolution. If you're still getting slow downs, then you're CPU limited.
You might be able to fix that by maxing sure that Windows Power Management is set to high performance.
Then you can monitor your CPU temps and clocks and/or make sure you're hitting consistent turbo speeds. If not, check your fans/cooling on the CPU or use a utility like ThrottleStop to force max turbo