Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: does its enough to run gamecube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

davidnina2

I have a core i5 2400 and no graphic card and i want to know if i can run gamecube game life mario sunshine with at least 30 fps.

I've look everywhere and i cant find the answer, i test and in cinématic the game run at an 60 fps but when the game start it go down to 10 fps max and dont go up.
Super Mario Sunshine is a pretty "lightweight" game, so not being able to run that at fullspeed (30 FPS NTSC / 25 FPS PAL) doesn't bode well for you. The problem is likely your lack of a dedicated GPU. You'll default to the old Intel HD 2000, which (afaik) has more or less never been enough to adequately run games at native resolution. That integrated graphics setup is going to throttle the rest of your performance. Your CPU is dated, but still sufficient to play a lot of games, however.

There aren't really any settings you can tweak since your Intel HD 2000 is just so weak in terms of graphics processing. One option would be to grab a cheap GPU and throw it into your PC. You can easily find a GPU that's a couple of generations old for $30-$40 and it'll do much better than your current hardware.