Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: anyone know how to setup first person shooter type mouse/keyboard controls in metroid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive been trying to get this to work, but no luck yet. the main issue is trying to bind the mouse movements to the joystick. anyone know anything about this or is it not possible?
(12-17-2009, 09:13 AM)arktisk Wrote: [ -> ]ive been trying to get this to work, but no luck yet. the main issue is trying to bind the mouse movements to the joystick. anyone know anything about this or is it not possible?

Not possible, unless you have Metroid Prime Trilogy which is on the Wii, but you have to mod the ISO to boot the correct game, because dolphin doesn't support multi-dol discs right now, and even then you can't save the game unless you use save states...

The problem is that the gamecube game is programmed with "freelook" as a BUTTON that you hold down that STOPS you from moving. so you CAN'T move around at all while having free look on like a normal first person shooter.

This is not a limitation of dolphin, but a limitation of the game.
(12-17-2009, 09:13 AM)arktisk Wrote: [ -> ]ive been trying to get this to work, but no luck yet. the main issue is trying to bind the mouse movements to the joystick. anyone know anything about this or is it not possible?

ive had with most games no prob using xpadder or Joy2Key mapping mouse movements. xpadder you haveto pay for but joy2key is freeware,
(12-19-2009, 05:42 AM)Dracari Wrote: [ -> ]

ive had with most games no prob using xpadder or Joy2Key mapping mouse movements. xpadder you haveto pay for but joy2key is freeware,

For games that don't have the same limitation as I described above, this would work just fine.
(12-19-2009, 05:40 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]unless you have Metroid Prime Trilogy which is on the Wii

Hey, you forgot Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, you aim a gun with a pointer Tongue
thanks for the advice. i stopped trying after i realised that compatibility with metroid 2 is just god awful lol. still trying to fix my smash bros input lag problem