Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: controller lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know how to get rid of input lag? it seems to get pretty bad on some games, like smash bros brawl
are you using real wii mote?
or keyboard \ controller?
havnt used a real wiimote, but ive tried keyboard and my logitech chillstream controller. ive tried for DAYS to just figure out whats cuasing this, used several different builds, and i cant find any information out there about it. its about a 40-60ms delay on the input. i know its not my monitor, and i know its not my actual input, and its not my computer as its quite capable of running it. core 2 duo e6850 at 3ghz, 3 gigs of high speed low latency ram, ati radeon saphire 4870 with 1 gig of gddr5 ram, running windows 7 64 bit.
i belive i found another clue. can someone test something for me? anyone using a chillstream controller or any sort of controller that has a analog joystick like a ps2,gamecube,or xbox controller will due. in smash bros brawl, goto the vualt and select challanges. in the menu that shows you the things youve accomplished, move the joystick all the way to the left. on mine if i push the joystick all the way to the left, it doesnt register. but if i move it almost to the full extent of left, it registers. right seems to work fine though. does this happen to anyone else?

edit: another thing for anyone to test for me, i need to rule out the possibility that its just the joystick itself. to do a smash attack, you have to press foward and the attack button at the same time normally, but on here i have to press the attack button at a slight delay to register as a smash attack. is this normal?
so, noone is willing to help me out here? not a single person has any sort of clue or idea as to why this is happening?

mistan

I'm using a PS3 controller and I've been wondering the same thing.
It has really bad lag input (a few 100ms). I'm not sure what can fix it. Although there was 1 revision of dolphin that had no lag input for the ps3 controller. Not sure which 1 it was though.
i guess im not the only one then. it only seems to be lag on the joystick in my case. buttons are fine.