Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BSOD with Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I haven't used Dolphin in a while, but last year we were playing Mario Party daily, without issues. I've been using a DIY-Bluetooth adapter from a real wii. I soldered it together following the guideĀ https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...c-usb-port

So everything is still the same as last year, except that I did update to the latest version 5-11455 .

So I launched Mario Party 8 (but it's the same with every game!) and I get a BSOD. kmode exception not handled .

Only happens with bluetooth passthrough and with the bluetooth adapter plugged in, if I unplug it, I simply get a message that no bluetooth adapter was found.

How can I fix this?

specs:
2080 Ti
9700k - no overclock
asus prime z390
dolphin versionĀ 5-11455

EDIT:

I have downloaded an older version, the one we used when it still worked last year. The version is dolphin-master-5.0-2341-x64 - I can confirm that the very same Adapter I use ( DIY soldered original bluetooth module with libusbk driver) works. So it is the difference in version that causes the BSOD.
Well, you will have to use the Bisect Tool to find the first build that fails to work for you. You can find it here somewhere in the forums.
so you don't think it has anything to do with my computer or its hardware? googling this issue brings up fixes pertaining to overclocked cpus and such, but I have set the default settings in my uefi bios to rule that out. must be a sofware issue with dolphin then. How can I report that to the developpers?
This is very likely a driver issue somewhere.