Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No Input Detection for Specific Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ZedMKW

Greetings, anyone and everyone.  Let me preface this post by saying I have visited the FAQ section and browsed through pages of this section before posting this.

I am encountering an issue where I am unable to use certain titles, [specifically the Wii System Menu and the Mii Channel] because Dolphin is not registering any input from my controller [which is what I primarily use].  I have always used a bluetooth adapter to wirelessly connect my Xbox One controller with no issues.

However, if I try to play something like Mario Kart Wii, it detects the input from my controller perfectly fine and I am able to play.  

When I attempt to load the Wii System Menu or the Mii Channel, it indeed loads, but I am left stuck on the "Press A to continue" screens.

To attempt to rectify this issue, I have tried the following:
-Only having the port in use enabled in the GC Config section of Dolphin
-Re-configuring the controls after said titles were launched
-Clean installing Dolphin and repeating the above steps

Attached is a screenshot of my button mapping for Mario Kart Wii, which always works.

If anyone is able to shed some light on any possible user errors, I would appreciate the feedback very much.  Also, as a side note, I apologize for formatting and if this specific issue has been solved and I have missed it.

-  -  -

Specs:
-Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz
-MSi GTX 980Ti 6GB
-Ballistix 8GB(4x2)
-Dolphin ver. 5.0-11452, x64
-Windows 10 Pro, x64
The Wii Menu and Mii Channel don't support GameCube controllers (but Mario Kart Wii does). You should configure an emulated Wii Remote.