Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem found playing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have run into a bug while playing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Dolphin 5.0 (64-bit). When attempting the first Dark Arts challenge, the game instantly freezes after the cutscene where the dark arts professor introduces the illumination spell. Is there and fixes to this issue? Thanks
Sounds like a graphics problem, if it freezes when the game tries to use a new graphics effect.

You should post your graphics setting here, as they are possibly relevant here.

I'm going to through a bunch of random things at you to try, please report if one of them fixes the problem(try in this order and leave the options changed):
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Skip EFB Access from CPU, if not disabled already
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only, if not disabled already
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Defer EFB Copies to RAM, if not disabled already(this is my guess to the problem...)
- In the general (non graphics) settings, under Basic Settings, disable Enable Dual Core
(01-09-2020, 09:09 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a graphics problem, if it freezes when the game tries to use a new graphics effect.

You should post your graphics setting here, as they are possibly relevant here.

I'm going to through a bunch of random things at you to try, please report if one of them fixes the problem(try in this order and leave the options changed):
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Skip EFB Access from CPU, if not disabled already
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only, if not disabled already
- In the graphics settings -> Hacks, disable Defer EFB Copies to RAM, if not disabled already(this is my guess to the problem...)
-  In the general (non graphics) settings, under Basic Settings, disable Enable Dual Core

I have made two of these changes, but I still have that problem. Attached are screenshots of my emulator settings.
[attachment=18508]
[attachment=18509]
You should try the latest version of Dolphin, you seem to be using a very old version.
(01-09-2020, 05:48 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]You should try the latest version of Dolphin, you seem to be using a very old version.

Thanks that solved my problem. =