Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing NES Game Graphical issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

EmanKon

On Animal Crossing the NES games show broken graphics, rendering them unplayable.  I know the Emulator may not be made to handle this kind of thing, but I've seen some people suggest it may be somewhat fixable, though I couldn't find a solution. Is there any way to fix this or is it just impossible?  looked on the wiki and it said something about needing XFB real, but I honestly don't know how to use that and if it actually would help. https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...l_Crossing. It also says something about progressive scan but I couldn't get it to work either. The only option I found that really does anything is Immediately Present XFB, but it just makes it worse.

As I can't find much help anywhere else, it may not be fixable, but just in case I'm wondering if there's anything to be done.
XFB real is for older versions of Dolphin. The equivalent in newer versions is to turn off Store XFB Copies to Texture Only and Immediately Present XFB.

EmanKon

(01-07-2020, 07:33 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]XFB real is for older versions of Dolphin. The equivalent in newer versions is to turn off Store XFB Copies to Texture Only and Immediately Present XFB.

I've tried it and it still doesn't seem to work. 
Hmm, maybe the wiki is failing to mention some other setting that also is necessary... Try turning off all the checkboxes in the Hacks tab and setting the texture cache accuracy to Safe.

EmanKon

(01-07-2020, 08:39 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, maybe the wiki is failing to mention some other setting that also is necessary... Try turning off all the checkboxes in the Hacks tab and setting the texture cache accuracy to Safe.

Still nothing. Some sprites appear but it's mostly black.

Edit: I actually got it to work it seems by switching from openGL to Direct3D 12. Currently I don't notice any more problems.