Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Per-game ubershader settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MP3 (MPT) stutters horribly on my system, even with ubershaders, and I find that skip drawing works best.

Would this be the correct syntax to set it in this game's ini only?
[Video_Settings]

ShaderCompilationMode = 3
I think that's correct, yes.
Thank you.  I asked because I did not see it here and that list is usually kept up to date.
It hasn't been updated in two years and is missing some settings.
Whoops, you are right. I used to consider that the master list, but now it looks like the various per-game ini settings are housed in the wiki, and seems more up to date.

Perhaps it is time to unpin that thread that served us well all those years.
How can I monitor dolphin's actions to determine what is causing the stuttering in my case?

At first I had assumed shader compilation was the cause, but when I started using the skip drawing feature, I realized that the stutters don't necessarily coincide with shader compilation events. Sometimes I see missing graphics elements pop up, presumable during shader compilation, but the emulation continues smoothly without stutters. The stutters themselves are sometimes full 1-2 second pauses in the emulation.
If you have turned on Speed up Disc Transfer Rate in the per-game settings, turn it off.
(01-10-2020, 03:56 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have turned on Speed up Disc Transfer Rate in the per-game settings, turn it off.

It does the same with speed-up disc transfer rate on or off.  In fact, with it off, I get the stutters AND the slow transition between rooms, for additional aggravation.

I have tried a number of parameters and hacks on/off with the same result, with and without custom textures, and with all the different back-end's.  I ran out of things to try so I figured I ask here how to possibly isolate the issue, and determine if the stutter has anything to do with the shader cache, or if it is something else.
View -> show log and log configuration. Set to error and check IBM CPU (PowerPC)
Watch for "Core\PowerPC\Jit64\Jit.cpp:739 W[PowerPC]: flushing main code cache, please report if this happens a lot"

That will be at least some of the freezes. See if it is most of them.
(01-10-2020, 11:32 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]View -> show log and log configuration. Set to error and check IBM CPU (PowerPC)
Watch for "Core\PowerPC\Jit64\Jit.cpp:739 W[PowerPC]: flushing main code cache, please report if this happens a lot"

That will be at least some of the freezes. See if it is most of them.

I did this and play for several minutes.  I ran into some moderate pauses and some other minor stutter but nothing was registered in the log.
Does that mean that nor errors were encountered?
Should I pick a different verbosity type?

The stutters have started to become a bit less frequent, since I seem to be building more of the cache, but there is still the occasional long pause, and quite a bit of lesser stuttering.
Pages: 1 2