Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube games run bad (on good specs PC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

glsck

Hi,
i am trying to build a Retro-Pie Station for my brother so he can play his childhood games again.
The Specs are below.
These are quite better than required, but games like "Mario Double Dash" still run like hot garbage (unplayable) are there any settings or drivers etc. i need to consider?

I have Ubuntu version and all Dolphin tells me is the following so i don't know which version i  have exactly.

Code:
7a6a451
Branch: master:
Revision: 7a6a4510f6eed48652200f8c83e79723ae3581f2

Using Qt 5.9.5

Thanks for any advice Smile
Dolphin mostly has all the fastest settings enabled by default. IIRC the closed source nvidia drivers are faster. Your computer may also be trying to power save.
(12-31-2019, 09:31 AM)glsck Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
i am trying to build a Retro-Pie Station for my brother so he can play his childhood games again.
The Specs are below.
These are quite better than required, but games like "Mario Double Dash" still run like hot garbage (unplayable) are there any settings or drivers etc. i need to consider?

I have Ubuntu version and all Dolphin tells me is the following so i don't know which version i  have exactly.

Code:
7a6a451
Branch: master:
Revision: 7a6a4510f6eed48652200f8c83e79723ae3581f2

Using Qt 5.9.5

Thanks for any advice Smile

RetroPie? That will mean that you are trying to run it on either Raspberry Pi or other SBC, If so it will run like shit, even on a RP4 (believe me, I've tried)
The specs aren't "good" they are actually on par with an average Android Smartphone, but running a full-blown desktop OS. They also throttle their speeds like shit without passive cooling (RPi4 actually needs active cooling).
The GPU is also missing necessary driver support for a newer version of GLEs/Vulkan even though the hardware supports it. (unless something recently changed)
(01-09-2020, 02:54 AM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]RetroPie? That will mean that you are trying to run it on either Raspberry Pi or other SBC, If so it will run like shit, even on a RP4 (believe me, I've tried)
The specs aren't "good" they are actually on par with an average Android Smartphone, but running a full-blown desktop OS. They also throttle their speeds like shit without passive cooling (RPi4 actually needs active cooling).
The GPU is also missing necessary driver support for a newer version of GLEs/Vulkan even though the hardware supports it. (unless something recently changed)

Agreed! RP 4 is a good improvement but that little thing is no PC. Well it is but not for gaming and its not really a decent desktop nowadays. You should consider getting him a used phone with I don't know a Snapdragon 820 at least and a controller (or buy a clip for a PS3 or Xbox One controller) if you want a handheld. Most phone's will also connect to a TV directly. Then you'd be able to give him kind of like a retro Switch  Big Grin