Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is the low clockspeed on my CPU the bottleneck? (i5 4440 3.1ghz)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: FIXED. I used Asynchronous Ubershaders on the latest Dev Build and it fixed the problem.

Hi there, I have a i5 4440 clocked at 3.1ghz, and a GTX 960 2GB Founders Edition.

Whenever I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy @1080p (with no Anti-Aliasing, and Skip EFB Acess from CPU as well as Store EFB Copies to Texture Only disabled), most of the time it plays at 100% speed, but however it occasionally drops to 90% and stutters for 2-3 seconds. And the game speed may stay @100%, but the FPS will drop.

My question is, is my low clock speed (3.1ghz) the bottleneck, or is it my GPU? I've used both Dolphin 5.0 and the latest Dev Build, and I get similar results. However Vulkan on the Dev build seems to be better than OpenGL and DX11 on Dolphin 5.0, but it still stutters here and there.

Other games work fine such as Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, etc with no issues at the same settings either.

Thanks for any input in advance.
Have you tried using Ubershaders?
(12-31-2019, 12:06 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using Ubershaders?

This fixed my issue while using the Dev build. I used the Asynchronous Ubershaders and I can now run @1080p with 2x MSAA with no slowdowns/stutters anymore. 

Thank you!