Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having issues reconfiguring start button controls for my keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CaptainZoltan77

I am trying to play Pokemon Colosseum but am unable to because I don't know what the  default  keyboard control is for the start button and as such am unable to press it  and play the game, nor do I know how to adjust it.  For some reason the default keyboard control for the start button is listed as "!'Alt_L'&Return "[attachment=18492] I tried clicking each of these keys both separately and simultaneously  multiple times to no avail.  (note that changing the device option at the top makes no difference.) however even when I change the keyboard device option and try to change the controls I get a series of  incomprehensible options such these" [attachment=18493] or alternatively options such as  left command [attachment=18494] (which i still don't know what it means other than left click + command??). Even when i tried clicking an option like left command, clicked apply, then ok, and wen back to the GC control configuration  the slot for the start button control was blank  [attachment=18495] after refreshing it it returned back to the original default setting. Could someone please tell me what the default setting is meant to be, like is the ' meant to mean 'and', or 'or' and additionally how to properly change the start key to be something much more straightforward like the return key? thanks 
Have you tried the latest development versions of dolphin? (I'm assuming you are using 5.0)

CaptainZoltan77

(12-29-2019, 11:37 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest development versions of dolphin? (I'm assuming you are using 5.0)

yeah i am. I tried using the developmental version and was able to change the start key to return as shown [attachment=18497] but when i tried clicking return while playing  nothing happened. unfortunatley i cant go beyond this point and gauge whether this is just a matter of all the keys not working or exclusively the start key. 
Hate to bring this up but this is exactly the same issue I'm having, the controls are unresponsive for me as well. Sometimes it works for no reason but 98% of the times it doesn't, this is happening in the latest version, I never had this issue before, I'm forced to keep using an old version of Dolphin that I had 2 years ago because of this issue.
You could just click (it's there in the middle) and then it sets up the control options to the original settings. From there on out the start button is the "Enter" or "Return" key on your keyboard. Don't try to change that button again and just change the buttons that you do need to change so you will be able to play the game.

ryanpm3

(12-29-2019, 06:07 PM)CaptainZoltan77 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to play Pokemon Colosseum but am unable to because I don't know what the  default  keyboard control is for the start button and as such am unable to press it  and play the game, nor do I know how to adjust it.  For some reason the default keyboard control for the start button is listed as "!'Alt_L'&Return " I tried clicking each of these keys both separately and simultaneously  multiple times to no avail.  (note that changing the device option at the top makes no difference.) however even when I change the keyboard device option and try to change the controls I get a series of  incomprehensible options such these"  or alternatively options such as  left command  (which i still don't know what it means other than left click + command??). Even when i tried clicking an option like left command, clicked apply, then ok, and wen back to the GC control configuration  the slot for the start button control was blank   after refreshing it it returned back to the original default setting. Could someone please tell me what the default setting is meant to be, like is the ' meant to mean 'and', or 'or' and additionally how to properly change the start key to be something much more straightforward like the return key? thanks 
Please help this is happening to me and I am running Windows x64 and can not get past the start screen because there is no available option for start on the gamecube keyboard configuration 
Please make a new thread instead of necroposting on an old one. But just to make sure, you shouldn't be trying to use a Gamecube keyboard, you should be trying to configure a Gamecube controller