Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD Crashing at the intro on Win10 PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 10
AMD R5 2600
RX 5700 XT
16 GB ram.
Dell 1440p 144hz 2560x1440 monitor
Dolphin 5.0-11405
Heres a picture of the screen I get when I crash https://imgur.com/GgjVOwf

Things I have tried and didn't work
Unchecking bounding box disabled in the graphics settings
adding prefer stencil implementation in the GFX.ini file (something that was recommended by a developer in another thead)
changing BBoxenable to true and having it at false in the same file.
Different ROM
Switching to direct 3d and vulkan and forcing open gl. None worked.
Disabling dual core mode.
An hour of googling. It seems almost all of the people with this issue are on mobile. I am not.

Would really appreciate any help with this and apologies if there is some obvious fix to this, my first experience using an emulator and so far its been great. Just this one game that will not work. I looked at the wiki, support FAQ, and googled it multiple times. Most of the comments on the crash posts say that this issue should have been fixed by now, and those were from a while ago.

Thanks  Smile

Benzter

(12-29-2019, 01:04 PM)Tl27rex Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 10
AMD R5 2600
RX 5700 XT
16 GB ram.
Dell 1440p 144hz 2560x1440 monitor
Dolphin 5.0-11405
Heres a picture of the screen I get when I crash https://imgur.com/GgjVOwf

Things I have tried and didn't work
Unchecking bounding box disabled in the graphics settings
adding prefer stencil implementation in the GFX.ini file (something that was recommended by a developer in another thead)
changing BBoxenable to true and having it at false in the same file.
Different ROM
Switching to direct 3d and vulkan and forcing open gl. None worked.
Disabling dual core mode.
An hour of googling. It seems almost all of the people with this issue are on mobile. I am not.

Would really appreciate any help with this and apologies if there is some obvious fix to this, my first experience using an emulator and so far its been great. Just this one game that will not work. I looked at the wiki, support FAQ, and googled it multiple times. Most of the comments on the crash posts say that this issue should have been fixed by now, and those were from a while ago.

Thanks  Smile
Im wondering the same thing.I've tried everything you have tried and read somewhere that Paper Mario got broken in a dolphin update.I read it would work on earlier versions but have not tried it yet.Mine get to the end of the intro and freezes right before you start.I read the comments too and didnt want to post on the tread because of the date. Confused