Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Fullscreen Wrong Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have upgraded my monitor from a 60hz 1600x900 spec to a 144hz 1920x1080 spec with freesync, and when I try to play a game in fullscreen in Dolphin, the game is not centered. It is slightly zoomed in on the upper-left corner of my monitor. It happens with every game and I tried it on OpenGL and Vulcan and got the same results. When I bring up the Geforce Experence menu in-game, my monitor does not display anything for a bit and then the menu comes up and the game screen is centered properly, and when I come out of the menu, the monitor does not display anything for a bit and the game changes back to being improperly centered. I am using Dolphin 5.0-11401.
I am going to assume you set the fullscreen resolution option at some point on your 1600x900 display and that setting has stuck around. So go back to 5.0, set your fullscreen resolution to auto, and

Also don't confuse "Fullscreen Resolution" with "Internal Resolution". They are different things. Internal Resolution is the resolution that Dolphin renders at, Fullscreen Resolution was an option for controller the monitor's display resolution. We removed Fullscreen Resolution from the GUI but it is still around in the INI settings.
(12-26-2019, 11:34 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to assume you set the fullscreen resolution option at some point on your 1600x900 display and that setting has stuck around. So go back to 5.0, set your fullscreen resolution to auto, and

The settings key for the fullscreen resolution is different in 5.0 (precisely to avoid this scenario where you have an old value that you can't change in the GUI), so I don't think that will help.
I was able to find the option in the INI settings and was able to change it, and now it's back to normal.