Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Dokapon Kingdom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AchaiusEstalius

Good day.

I'm still pretty new to Dolphin and fresh out on the forums. First let me express my gratitude towards Dolphin itself and the amazing team and contributors behind it.

Netplay is working so well, i have no words. It was way simpler than getting Mupen netplay to work, but i have a question...

Me and a friend tried to get Dokapon to work, and we didn't have much issues... But.

There were a few times the game suddenly got a huge fps drop for a split second, causing a spike for us both with an interval of approximately 10-30 seconds.

I tried to figure out why it happened, but then i tried to recreate the game and it suddenly stopped, and sometimes it started again, is there an explanation to this that someone could think of?

The hash checks out, we're using the same version and everything.

These are all my settings: "https://imgur.com/a/0DhwhVW"

The save feature works great.

We both have 400+ up/down wire connection and usually don't have more than 5-10ping.

Reason why i'm looking into the issue is cause i plan on bringing some other friends to try this out.

Thanks for reading.

AchaiusEstalius

Tried to play again now and now it seems like we can't get rid of the frequent spikes and sudden fps drops. Sad Super annoying. It freezes the game for a split second and sound too and causes the FPS/VPS to drop heavily.

Sad
Change the graphics backend to Direct3D 11, and set Ubershaders to asynchronous (ubershaders). If your friend has an nvidia or Intel GPU, have them do the same. If they have an AMD GPU, have them do the same except set the backend to Vulkan. If that still doesn't work, try checking compile shaders on startup for both of you.

Basically, it just sounds like one of you is hitting shader compilation stutter and since you don't have async ubers on, the game waits for your system to finish compiling the shaders before continuing emulation.

Also, interesting that the graphics backend is blank. That is most certainly a (minor) bug.