Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Special Mii Letters/Symbols?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zim_

This is a repost of a repost that I made on reddit. I just want this answer quickly answered so I can move on with my life. It went as follows:
I am using Dolphin and I have the Wii System Menu & Mii Channel wads. There must be an easy way to enter special letters/unicode into the mii name without using sd cards and what not. I mean its emulated on a PC, why wouldn't it. I want to do this because I want a cool name while playing Wiimmfi MKWii. Yes, it's dumb, but I still would like to know if this is possible.
I guess you could edit the /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat file in the Wii NAND directly, but I don't know if anyone has made a convenient program for that... You could hex edit it if you want to (the names are stored as UTF-16 strings), but I bet you'd have to edit some kind of checksum, so it's not the most convenient thing.

dolphinemuuser2354

(12-24-2019, 10:18 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you could edit the /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat file in the Wii NAND directly, but I don't know if anyone has made a convenient program for that... You could hex edit it if you want to (the names are stored as UTF-16 strings), but I bet you'd have to edit some kind of checksum, so it's not the most convenient thing.

How do you hex edit it?
With a program that can edit hex files. Try HxD