Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Comments on test and question about performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I was doing some tests on dolphin, I tested on Mario Kart Double Dash and Resident Evil Code Veronica. In both games I did not notice difference for the better between HD (2x) and Full HD (3x). I also saw no difference in anistropic filter between 1x and 16x. I also didn't notice a difference between using AA or not (I tested 2x MSAA and 2x SSAA).

That is, I'm playing with internal HD resolution (my monitor is Full HD) and no AA and anistropic filter on 1x.

The question remains, am I too insensitive to notice this or is the difference really not significant? The only difference I noticed was leaving it in native resolution, but already at 2x it made the game beautiful.

Ah, I also notice dropped frames in Mario Kart Double Dash, is that normal? My PC is a i3 9100F with RX 580 4GB.

What general tips can you give me? I made the settings more modest because I believe the less modifications the more accurate the emulator is.
What resolution are you running at?