Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Windwaker and Mario Galaxy Help please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, firstly I wanted to say a big thanks to the dolphin team, the work they are doing is absolutely fantastic, being a 'graphics-junkie' it makes Wii games far more enjoyable for me to play when I can do so in 1080p with huge amounts of anti-aliasing.

I am however unfortunately having some problems with Dolphin in regards to The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker and Super Mario Galaxy, I can get both games to work flawlessly at great FPS but then in certain places the games will become a mess.

Here's an example of my problem:

Zelda how it normally is when I play it:

[Image: TYNTemzn.jpg]

Zelda Glitch when I go inside a certain dungeon:

[Image: PFhhgxkd.jpg]

In this glitch the screen tears heavily and the resolution looks terrible. I've tried changing EFB and Twilight bloom hack but neither fix it, can anyone please tell me what I need to do? I have the same problem in Mario galaxy right at the start of the game except it's worse because the game suddenly goes really slowly, yet when I get to the section afterwards where you need to catch those bunnies it will look fantastic in 1080p and runs perfectly at 60fps. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

Fahd.
Have you tried a revision after 4696 with the scaleEFB hack?
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that this is in Dolphin SVN 4525 I have tried change between using real and hacked EFB if not, sorry to sound ignorant but what's scale EFB hack and how can I enable it?. I've also posted pictures of how bad Mario can get. Thanks!

Mario when it works fine:

[Image: GbrPUkF9.jpg]

Mario glitch at the start and in certain levels:

[Image: PE2hP2g7.jpg]
Just take a newer revision. The one you're using has this bug. Newer revisions work fine.
(12-16-2009, 05:56 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]Just take a newer revision. The one you're using has this bug. Newer revisions work fine.

I just tried SVN 4696, that I downloaded off of another site. It did not do anything to fix either Zelda or Mario. To be honest I'm a complete n00b when it comes to dolphin, I don't even understand why the official website only actually has SVN 4525 as the newest Dolphin to use in the download section, and then if you try to get any other versions it redirects you to a random google site that has 'trunks', to add to this to get SVN 4696 I had to scour through other websites to find someone who had 'compiled'? the emulator. Then I copied all the config files from SVN 4525 as I couldn't get my wiimote to work otherwise. I really would like to play through these two games in 1080p so any help would be highly appreciated, thanks again!

Fahd.
Dolphin is open source, meaning the little development that is done all the time can be compiled to a new version by anyone. The version on the front page is updated rarely (last on november 9, I'm saying "rarely" after this forum's standard), but you can usually find the latest version here. (Compiled by Orleans)

Not sure what's the status of real wiimote, it's been broken a lot recently so you may have to wait for it to be fixed (keyboard still works I think)
(12-16-2009, 07:48 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is open source, meaning the little development that is done all the time can be compiled to a new version by anyone. The version on the front page is updated rarely (last on november 9, I'm saying "rarely" after this forum's standard), but you can usually find the latest version here. (Compiled by Orleans)

Not sure what's the status of real wiimote, it's been broken a lot recently so you may have to wait for it to be fixed (keyboard still works I think)

Thanks for that information. Does anyone know why I might have this random graphics problem? I just tried SVN 4697 from the link above and still have the same issues, does the fact that I am overwriting the 'user' folder from the older SVN have any affect on this? because I copy it to fix the control recongising issues and get my save file as the graphics issue is quite far into the Zelda game. Does anyone think the thing I've linked below might help? if so how do I apply it to my version of Dolphin? many thanks again to all those that reply!

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=4696
Well, try enabling the Zelda Twilight Princess Bloom Hack, worked for me on Wind Waker...
(12-16-2009, 08:13 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, try enabling the Zelda Twilight Princess Bloom Hack, worked for me on Wind Waker...

Tried that, it's great at making the game look incredibly smooth everywhere else, just does nothing in this dungeon.
well that might be a located bug then, nothing we can do at the moment...
Pages: 1 2