Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Setting a language other than the default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mcapone888

Hi everyone. I am playing the GameCube game called 'Franklin - Un anniversaire surprise (France)'. It is supposed to be in both English and French. My GameCube setting is set to English, and I also tried updating this game's .ini file to include:

[Core]
GameCubeLanguage = 0

However, every time I play the game it plays in French. How do I get the game to play in English?

Thank you.
According to redump.org, the GameCube version of this game only supports French.

mcapone888

(12-10-2019, 05:23 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]According to redump.org, the GameCube version of this game only supports French.

Thank you.  I will start using that site to get my games' data.  I was looking at some other site called GameTDB and they have it listed as both French and English.

https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GQFFFK

...and now that I type out the URL I see in the URL it says Wii, not GameCube.  The funny thing is when you go to that page it says GameCube in its listing.  Oh well, yep, I will avoid that site from now on and stick with redump.org.  Thank you.
GameTDB just stores GameCube games in the same section as Wii games – it isn't a sign of anything being wrong. But yes, the language information (and other game metadata) on GameTDB isn't always correct. Redump is much more accurate, but it contains less metadata for each game, and Wii games are unfortunately not visible to the public as of now.