Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Normal speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I wanted to ask you ever really tried to see if your emulator has the right speed? I was good to see if I made a simple test, I got the game Mario Kart and I did 1 minute of the first race circuit Mushrom cup and a stopwatch, I watched what was actually ... so unfortunately I have noticed that 1 minute in the game is equivalent to about 1 minute and 51 seconds with the normal settings (the minimum to see the normal game) while with really low settings I arrived at 1 minute and 38 seconds! tell me if someone manages to do exactly 1 minute or less? thanks sorry for my horrible english XD
Depends on your computer of course. I can get over full speed in Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario kart Wii usually slower. Just look at your FPS (top left in windowed mode) It's supposed to be either 30 or 60 for fullspeed (25 or 50 for some PAL games)

So if you want to get higher speed, try enabling frame skipping and switching to the Dx9 (if you haven't already)
(12-16-2009, 01:39 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your computer of course. I can get over full speed in Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario kart Wii usually slower. Just look at your FPS (top left in windowed mode) It's supposed to be either 30 or 60 for fullspeed (25 or 50 for some PAL games)

So if you want to get higher speed, try enabling frame skipping and switching to the Dx9 (if you haven't already)

it was just exactly what I wanted to hear me say, that everyone says that to have a need to go full speed to a range between 30 and 60 FPS is not true I go with mario kart wii fixed at 38 fps at most 42 or at least 35 but never below 1 minutes and you can see does not correspond to a real minute, and then you think what can be? because the 38 FPS does not give me the full speed?

I want to clarify that I have a PC with quad core, and two 8800 GT video cards in SLI and I did the tests on both systems, 32 and 64 bit and I can say with certainty that there are differences, increases of 1 - 2 FPS ie a significant improvement ...
60 fps is fullspeed..... and I can get that 90% of the time
(12-16-2009, 08:17 PM)extreme64 Wrote: [ -> ]60 fps is fullspeed..... and I can get that 90% of the time
One question, has anyone ever played at 60 fps? What hardware are you?
Unlike PC games, Wii/GC games needs to run at a certain FPS (Most of them 60 FPS) to go full speed, they can't adujst the framerate to your hardware's capasity. So with 38FPS out of 60FPS in Mario Kart Wii, your game will run at 63% of normal speed. Try doing a speed test 1p race, you'll probably get fullspeed there.