Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii games not working on Dev builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ringabel

Hello, likely a dumb question here. I have been trying to run Metroid Prime 3 and utilize the buttery smooth new shader compilation that the dev builds of Dolphin suposedly offers, but I am not having too much luck. Whenever I try to run a dev build of Dolphin and open a Wii game, the game will load a black screen for a few seconds, then quit back to the main menus of Dolphin.

This is present on all my Wii games, but not my GameCube games.
When I try to run the same games in the last stable release of Dolphin, they run with no hitches (apart from Prime 3's stuttering). I was able to play for a few minutes and create a save file, as some older threads suggested that it may work if Dolphin has a save file to run off of. No such luck.
I have used Dolphin to verify the integrity of the game dumps, and it reports that they are clean every time.
Other threads have suggested inserting a "portable.txt" file in the Dev build folder, but that does not seem to help and rather causes some other issues, such as my MayFlash DolphinBar no longer working.

I don't really know what else to do, and that is where (I am hoping) you guys can come in and give me a helping hand.