Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WADs are booting me to Wii Menu instead.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using my real Wii NAND, and I have a problem, when I want to start WADs from Dolphin Menu, it boots me up to Wii Menu instead. Anyone know how to fix it, so that WADs start instantly from Dolphin Menu?
WADs must be installed on your NAND before you can launch them. In fact, when you try to launch a WAD through Dolphin's game list, it'll silently install it to your NAND and then will boot it from there.

With that said, have you checked if there's enough free space on your NAND? You can quickly check that by going into Wii Menu's Data Management screen...
I had this same issue. If I'm remembering right, to fix I believe I ended up renaming my Wii nand folder "_Wii", then launching Dolphin (and running the install wii menu option). Then copying everything except "sys" to the new folder.

Somehow my "sys" had gotten corrupted. For me it happened when trying to turn on an option so I could see the 'DLC' in a Wiiware title. I forget what the option was but somehow it corrupted stuff. I assumed there to be a bug in the code but the dev team wasn't sure what to do to debug it.

But yeah, the more common reason is the emulated Wii's hard drive is full.
(11-24-2019, 01:58 PM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]I had this same issue.  If I'm remembering right, to fix I believe I ended up renaming my Wii nand folder "_Wii", then launching Dolphin (and running the install wii menu option).  Then copying everything except "sys" to the new folder.

Somehow my  "sys" had gotten corrupted.  For me it happened when trying to turn on an option so I could see the 'DLC' in a Wiiware title.  I forget what the option was but somehow it corrupted stuff.  I assumed there to be a bug in the code but the dev team wasn't sure what to do to debug it.

But yeah, the more common reason is the emulated Wii's hard drive is full.
I kinda fixed it, by removing the Path where the ISOs are and readded it and now WADs are booting instantly from Dolphin menu.