Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Bros 3+ Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

whitewidow

I read the Game Tread Index and was surprised to see that there was no specific tread for Super Mario Bros 3+ for the Wii, so it seems like i have no other choice than making a new tread. The game crashes when i try to start the 2nd boss level in world 2, without any warning.

I’m running this game on a Nvidia Shield TV 2017, Dolphin version 5.0-11040.
Any solution for this?
FYI, we keep Virtual Console games separate from the Wii games. The thread you were searching for was probably this one: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-vi...rio-bros-3

Is it possible to test that same Dolphin version on a desktop/PC? That would at least narrow down the issue to being related to Android or the Android version of Dolphin.

EDIT: The Shield runs on the Android version, correct? If not, ignore that suggestion, I guess Tongue

whitewidow

I’m talking about Super Mario Bros. 3+ GameID = SM3E01
Will try too test it on pc soon.
Okay, didn't see the "+". It looks like SM3E01 is the game ID of a modded version of New Super Mario Bros. Not all mods run on Dolphin (Project M had a history of hit/miss functionality with Dolphin). All bets are off since it's a mod. It could very well be doing something that a real Wii has no trouble, but Dolphin isn't accurate enough just yet to emulate. If it did work before, it's also possible that Dolphin might have broken it recently.