Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black bars after I updated dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use to play my games completely fine in full screen but then when I updated Dolphin Emulator there is black bars inside the game and I don't know why it's every game I play. It can get quite annoying while trying to play games.
If it is small black bars, it can be cropped with graphics, advanced, crop. If they are larger, maybe you were using cheats to change to widescreen or were stretching it.
(11-20-2019, 03:34 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]If it is small black bars, it can be cropped with graphics, advanced, crop. If they are larger, maybe you were using cheats to change to widescreen or were stretching it.
They are big black bars and I wasn't using cheats and when I tried to crop it didn't work.
Can you post a screenshot?
(11-21-2019, 01:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a screenshot?

https://imgur.com/DdRAMIz
Go to Config > Wii and set the aspect ratio option there to 16:9.
(11-21-2019, 09:51 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Config > Wii and set the aspect ratio option there to 16:9.
I did that but all games are stretched now and before it wasn't stretched at all and their wasn't any black bars.
(11-21-2019, 09:55 PM)xTamek Wrote: [ -> ]I did that but all games are stretched now and before it wasn't stretched at all and their wasn't any black bars.

Are you sure you changed the aspect ratio setting at Config > Wii and not the one at Graphics > General?
(11-21-2019, 10:04 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you changed the aspect ratio setting at Config > Wii and not the one at Graphics > General?

It worked I thought you meant the one at Graphics thanks so much!