Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Short lagging every 15-20 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MousBoot

To be honest, I only need one game out of all GC library: Shadow the Hedgehog. And while the game works almost perfect with stable 60 fps, I have two issues:
1) Game suffers huge lag spikes during close explosions (but I guess it can't be helped, since I already tried every possible setting and nothing can fix this)
2) Each 15-20 seconds a short lag is happening no matter what I'm doing, even if I'm in a main menu of the game. Here's a video example showing 1 minute of standing still with 3 lags during it.

I tried all combinations of settings, but nothing changes. I checked Nvidia control panel and activated some options there (such as triple bufferization), it doesn't work. I tried the same on some other versions of Dolphin and Ishiiruka's version, and while the latter runs the game slightly more smoother, these two issues always remains. I understand there may be a problem with a PC on my side, but I wonder if there are any workarounds possible. Here are my current settings. (though I tried to disable/enable a lot of things, including switching from OpenGL to Direct3D or Vulkan)

Also, Shadow the Hedgehog is playable on PCSX2, and while it doesn't suffer the same issues, its generally slower and has more lagging in total. That's why I'm really desperate to understand what's wrong. I hope buying the more advanced PC is not the only solution left for me.  Confused

MousBoot

I suddenly solved the whole second problem! I just used USA version of the game instead of Europe version, and everything is perfect and smooth now! While close explosions are still making lag spikes, even these lags are much shorter and easy to pass than they was on Europe version. And no more frequent freezes! Eureka!

I'm sorry for making a topic that is not relevant anymore, but I hope my solution will help other people with the same problem. I can't be the only one with this, right?