Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird DirectX Plugin Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very Strange... Last Week I used Dolphin and everything was fine, but now when I try to run any game, in any build, using the Directx Plugin it shows a message like: "no possible memory base pointer found!" and then crashes! I did no upgrades or updates of any kind in the last week, it just stopped working! Tried several games, using builds from Orleans, Omegadox, UknownForce and from the Website, so then I assume that something is wrong with the DirectX, but it's working for my PC games, it's just refusing to start on dolphin... Any tips?

Could be some corrupted dll on my DirectX installation I supose, but then again, how could it broke without any intervention of mine? Just made a virus scan, found nothing, anyone knows what could it be?
Mm...I think this message appears from 4505 and above. Try using OpenGL. Hope this get fixed in the future. However you can fix this selecting Memcard Manager and another Memory card (different SVN R for ex. 4493.)
What build are you using?
Well, thanks for the help, will try that, OpenGL plugin works fine, but I wanted to play twilight princess, wich is much faster in DX plugin... The strange part is that it was working... Im using build 4525, but I tested some others from the compilers. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Unbelievable!!!! This thing started working again! I did nothing! looks like it just needed a good night resting lol, now everything is working fine, thanks anyway!
That's known issue that occasionally happens with XP users
Hmm, thanks for tha information then, first time this happened to me XD