Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4K resolution only part of the time, native the rest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will use Super Mario Galaxy as an example. In the opening sequence where Princess Peach is kidnapped including every room that has the blue star for a stage select, and in certain portions of levels, it appears the game is running at native resolution; everywhere else I have it successfully at 4K resolution downsampled to QHD; I actually made it through most of the game assuming that is as good as it gets before looking at a youtube video and realizing I was shorting myself somewhere in the settings with the quality of the graphics. I checked out The Last Story and the beginning seems to be native res as well when set to 4K, and I didnt check past that part. Any ideas what might be causing this. Most of the settings are default which the only notable possible changes from default may include Store EFB Copies to Texture only, Store XFB Copies to Texture Only, Per-Pixel Lighting, 16x AF, Fast Depth Calculation. Using D3D12. I would try other backends, but as soon as I switched and loaded up the game, my Wiimote Plus over bluetooth passthrough failed to sync, and when I switched back to D3D12 it stayed that way. Must be a coincidence as it synced up perfectly for about a week since I made it work and the only change that I made today was updating to a newer version of Dolphin in hopes that would fix the issue which it did not, which it synced fine a couple times since I did that.

Dolphin 5.0-11193
Windows 10 x64 1903
i7-860
8GB DDR3
EVGA GTX 1070 SC w/ default settings in NVIDIA control panel
Make sure that Scaled EFB Copy (Graphics > Enhancements) is turned on.
(11-12-2019, 08:18 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that Scaled EFB Copy (Graphics > Enhancements) is turned on.

Ah, thank you.  I turned that off due to the Super Mario Galaxy Wiki stating that I should turn it off to fix the bloom effect with IR above 1.  I didnt realize the greater downside to doing so.