Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Auto-Update no more working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, me again...

So, while trying to resolve my previous issue with wwrando, I decided to completely erase Dolphin to start with a fresh build. What I usually do is install 5.0 stable with the installer (just to have shortcuts and uninstaller ready), then erase the Dolphin folder entirely (except uninstaller) to put the latest dev build in.
Usually, only the first auto-update needs to have Dolphin launched with admin rights, then it works without issues the next times.

This time, Updater just refuses to do anything apparently. The only thing I see, is a Updater.2.exe being created if launched with admin rights (like before), but that's all...

Dolphin is in Program Files folder, with the same permissions as the other programs. I tried giving me all rights to the folder, same thing happens. Same also with another build put on my desktop...

Any ideas?
Either edit Dolphin folder permissions on Program Files so that all members of the "Users" group has full access (like what Steam do to its folder) or install Dolphin somewhere else. Also, the uninstaller will remove the files present on 5.0 stable, anything added by new versions will be kept so it's really pointless to keep the uninstaller around when you're not using 5.0 stable anymore...
I can confirm this has stopped working on the latest dev builds. Just doesn't work. The emulator just closes and an updater.2.exe is generated in the install directory. If i open dolphin the updater.2.exe disappears. The last build that the auto updater worked with was 5.0-11165
Yes, updater just closes Dolphin, I'm on 11181.
(11-11-2019, 11:33 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]or install Dolphin somewhere else
Like I said, tried on my desktop. No luck. I think the auto-updater broke recently.
I'll try to bisect to see that, if the bisection tool allow me that...

EDIT : Bisection done, apparently started with build 11170. I'm posting it in the bug tracker... Smile
It was broken by 5.0-11170 and a fix is being worked on.
Fix is available, please update to latest development version (at least 5.0-11195)
Just to be clear, you'll need to update manually to 5.0-11195 or newer. After that, the updater will work again...