Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED/wwrando] Black screen before title screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, been a while I didn't post here !

I got an issue while trying the Wind Waker randomizer from LagoLunatic: https://github.com/LagoLunatic/wwrando

Pretty simple: After Nintendo and Dolby logos, the screen stays black. No title screen, no sound, no response to inputs, nothing.
The normal ISO (US region) works fine, and MD5 hash corresponds to ReDump's one. So the original ISO does not seems to be the issue.
Also, I tried to run the generated ISO on my Android phone, and there I got to the title screen !

I'm using latest dev build of Dolphin (currently 11165) with D3D 12. Other backends do the same problem.
See profile and signature for the config...

HELP ME ! X)
I was going to assume it has something to do about how the ISO is being rebuilt, but... If it works on Android but not on your PC, I really don't know what's going on.
If you create a portable.txt file in the same directory as the exe, does the issue still happen?
It works in portable mode ! Oh wow !
Does that mean something with my configuration might be wrong?
(11-10-2019, 08:07 PM)Der Siebte Schatten Wrote: [ -> ]Does that mean something with my configuration might be wrong?

Yes, exactly.
Oh my... I found it, it was so stupid...

IT'S THE GC BIOS ! Me and my will to see the pretty Gamecube animation everytime again, I guess I'll have to disable it just for the randomizer... WELP X)

So, problem solved!