Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't run Dolphin on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am relatively new to Linux. I managed to build the dev package fine (I know because the nogui version works). However, when I try to run dolphin-emu I get:
Code:
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Aborted

Qt5 is installed on the machine but I have no idea how to fix this. Setting the QT_QPA_PLATFORM variable to any of the listed plugins results in either the same message or a segmentation fault. Can anyone help?
Are you using xorg or wayland?
Typing:
Code:
loginctl show-session 2 -p Type
gives me:
Code:
Type=x11

I take it this means xorg? (Sorry for my newness)
Yes! Finally got it working. For anyone else having the same problem run the ldd command on the libqxcb shared library. It will be located under (PATH_TO_QT)/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so. On my machine this showed that libxkbcommon-x11 was missing. Installing libxkbcommon-x11-dev fixed the issue.