Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My semi-bootleg Gamecube controller adapter problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is my problem, I'm having a problem with my gamecube controller adapter not connecting. This is not a mayflash nor an official gamecube adpater. I have one that has a switch and wii u slider on one and pc slider on the other. When I tried to switch it to wii u for zadig it counted as a gamecube adapter for switch so I couldn't use that method. Before this it was working fine but I needed a way for my controller to use my joystick down input. Three hours ago from this post I've tried connecting my semi-bootleg gamecube controller adapter and nothing showed up even when I switched to the PC slider. I've tried using this with other programs and it didn't work either. Im not sure if this is a computer/laptop issue ( which it probably is) but does anyone have a work around for my adapter or something that I should do in my computer settings. I've been looking for this same problem online, it seems like no one else had has this problem. If you come up with a solution then you would be an angel to me. Angel Thx bye.
Using zadig even though it says for switch might still work. It just might not end up working. What do you mean by joystick down input? When you have it it pc mode, does it show up at all? Have you restarted your computer?
(11-09-2019, 01:58 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Using zadig even though it says for switch might still work. It just might not end up working. What do you mean by joystick down input? When you have it it pc mode, does it show up at all? Have you restarted your computer?

1. When I put my gamecube controller adapter on the switch option (wii u is under switch, because apparently they are the same thing according to the person who made it.) the option on all devices says Gamecube Controller Adapter instead of WUP-028 showing up. 2. Before when my controller started not to work with my laptop every input would show up except my control stick on my left not being able to read my down input and my c stick had the same problem not being able to read my down input. 3. Before this issue started when I switched it to PC it worked just fine but I needed a way for Dolphin to read my gamecube controller left control stick down input. ( with c stick as well )  4. I tried restarting it and shutting it down, I'll be trying to both again after this post is done.
(11-10-2019, 12:18 AM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]1. ... the option on all devices says Gamecube Controller Adapter instead of WUP-028 showing up.
You could try following the guide as if your adapter was WUP-028.

(11-10-2019, 12:18 AM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]2. Before when my controller started not to work with my laptop every input would show up except my control stick on my left not being able to read my down input and my c stick had the same problem not being able to read my down input. 3. Before this issue started when I switched it to PC it worked just fine but I needed a way for Dolphin to read my gamecube controller left control stick down input. ( with c stick as well )  4. I tried restarting it and shutting it down, I'll be trying to both again after this post is done.

Does the controller work correctly in "set up usb game controllers" in windows?
(11-10-2019, 01:32 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]You could try following the guide as if your adapter was WUP-028.

Does the controller work correctly in "set up usb game controllers" in windows?

1. I did but when I click on Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door for the game it said "press any button" then I pressed A and nothing happend. 

2. When I went to "set up game controllers" nothing showed up even when I switched it to pc nothing showed up.
(11-10-2019, 03:03 AM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]1. I did but when I click on Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door for the game it said "press any button" then I pressed A and nothing happend. 

Does adapter connected show on controller settings, gamecube adapter for wii u, configure?

(11-10-2019, 03:03 AM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]2. When I went to "set up game controllers" nothing showed up even when I switched it to pc nothing showed up.

My mayflash shows up there in pc mode. This shouldn't be dolphin specific. Try going into device manager and uninstalling both device and driver for something like HID-compliant game controller? I have one of those for all 4 ports.
(11-10-2019, 01:12 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Does adapter connected show on controller settings, gamecube adapter for wii u, configure?

My mayflash shows up there in pc mode. This shouldn't be dolphin specific. Try going into device manager and uninstalling both device and driver for something like HID-compliant game controller? I have one of those for all 4 ports.
1. Yes, it shows up as that

2. With the photo below is that what you are talking about
(11-10-2019, 01:22 PM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, it shows up as that

Does it still show after you enter the game? Make sure you are in port 1 (try every port)

(11-10-2019, 01:22 PM)TheMemeUser Wrote: [ -> ]2. With the photo below is that what you are talking about

Your photo didn't attach.
They attached. New users need manual approval on attachments.
(11-11-2019, 01:50 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]They attached. New users need manual approval on attachments.

Thank you for telling me that, for a second I thought I didn't post it.
Pages: 1 2