Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii motion toggle key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tui1a

From my experience playing Skyward Sword, I think it would be helpful if you could toggle between what kind of motion it's emulating (tilt, point or swing) with the press of a button. Switching between aiming your slingshot and swinging your sword is hard without it.
Are there any plans of implementing this? Is this setting already a thing, and I've just missed it?
It's certainly already possible by building fancy input expressions (right-click mapping buttons in the controller configuration) but it's not as intuitive as is could be to create a setup like you describe.

I do have some sort of plan to make it easier in the future.

Tui1a

(10-26-2019, 11:09 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly already possible by building fancy input expressions (right-click mapping buttons in the controller configuration) but it's not as intuitive as is could be to create a setup like you describe.

I do have some sort of plan to make it easier in the future.
Fancy input expressions? are they complicated? I understand you may not have the time, but I would love it if you could explain what I have to write. 
I'm not very technical :/
(10-26-2019, 04:29 PM)Tui1a Wrote: [ -> ]Fancy input expressions? are they complicated? I understand you may not have the time, but I would love it if you could explain what I have to write. 
I'm not very technical :/

Here's an example of pointing controls that can be toggled on and off by left shift:

Point Up:

Code:
$enable_point = toggle(`LSHIFT`), `Cursor Y-` & $enable_point

Point Down:

Code:
`Cursor Y+` & $enable_point

Point Left:

Code:
`Cursor X-` & $enable_point

Point Right:

Code:
`Cursor X+` & $enable_point

Tui1a

(10-27-2019, 02:04 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an example of pointing controls that can be toggled on and off by left shift:

Point Up:

Code:

Point Down:

Code:

Point Left:

Code:

Point Right:

Code:
Thank you so much!
Before fancy expression code, there was another way to do this.  You can use per-game input profiles and swap between them with a hotkey.

I setup all my games like this (at the very least pointing at a single profile).  Small example for Wii Sports Resort:

Code:
[Controls]
WiimoteProfile1="Profiles/WiiSportsResort/xinput/Bowling,Profiles/WiiSportsResort/xinput/TableTennis"

The simplest way to do this is right click on a game and go to "Properties".  Then click on the "Editor" tab under "Game Config".  Then put in your path to your profile (without the '.ini' on the end).  So for skyward sword, you may have a few different sets of input:

Code:
[Controls]
WiimoteProfile1="Sword,Flying,Puzzle,Aiming"

The first choice "Sword" would be the one the game initially starts with.  To toggle, go to "Options" > "Hotkey Settings" and then choose "Controller Profile".  Setup a key for "Next profile for Wii Remote 1".  Whenever you hit that key, you'll switch to the next profile in the list.

Javito

(10-27-2019, 02:04 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an example of pointing controls that can be toggled on and off by left shift:

Point Up:

Code:

Point Down:

Code:

Point Left:

Code:

Point Right:

Code:

Why is there no documentation for any of the functions anywhere? wiki only shows operators but no functions :-(