Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why is my shortcut link not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my last post here I asked about getting Silent Hill Shattered Memories working on Dolphin… and with alot of help from a member here I now have it working perfect! Thanks to you if you’re reading this Big Grin

Just one thing though… I can’t help it, I just so much prefer having my games as icons on my desktop and double-clicking on them to run them just like they were PC games. For years I did this by entering the following into a new shortcut and it always worked no issues at all…

(Path to dolphin.exe) -b -e (path to ISO)

However now that I’ve upgraded from Dolphin 5.0 to 5.0-10993 (that’s how I got SH SM working) every time now when I try to launch from the icon I made, I get audio but no picture whatsoever (like not black screen… I mean I continue to see my desktop and then the audio of the game comes on)

When that happens, most times pressing Esc still brings up the “Do you really want to stop the current emulation”… however sometimes it doesn’t, which leaves me no choice but to restart my PC… at which time it always comes up with something interesting and perhaps could have something to do with this (or maybe not – I am NOT tech savvy at all) – “Confirm is preventing you from restarting. Proceed anyway?”

My PC specs (incase needed)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home x64
SSD : Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe
Motherboard : ASRock Z390 Pro4
CPU : i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming
RAM : 16GB (DDR4)
Power Supply : Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 600W 80+ Gold