Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: recording and editing input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

flaminghaggis

Basic rundown: I want to be able to save a video of me playing normally and also my input along with it. I would also like to edit my input in the file directly, and be able to tell which inputs correlate with which frames.

So I have a little personal project that I'm trying to do. My plan is to train a classifier neural network on frame data from smash bros. I would give the network a frame as input and train it towards my input on that frame. In that way I would be training a network to play smash bros like me, (maybe, if it works.) The only problem is, I'm having a hard time just playing and saving both the video and input of my gameplay.

Is there any previous post that covers this that someone could point me towards? What form is the input saved in? I would need to be able to parse it for each frame so that I could pass it into my network for training. Right now the input seems to be saving to some binary file that I can't understand.

I would really appreciate help! I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and I think that it would work well because I would be able to generate tons of data samples for my network (an important thing for training a neural network) just by playing one of my favorite games!

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
Documentation for the input file format is available here: http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/DTM.html