Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube advanced control help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to configure some advanced controls for a GameCube game and I'm having some trouble. The game uses `B` and `X` in combination with d-pad up/down to select weapons (`B` secondary, `X` primary). I want to use `WASD` as d-pad input and movement, and to substitute `X` and `B` with `Q` & `R` but I don't want the weapon selection to come up while moving forward or backwards when I press `Q` or `R`. Example, with `R & W` as d-pad up I need to hold `R` to bring up the selection menu and press `W` to navigate up. I tried `!W (R & W)` to do this but it just breaks the menu for selecting weapons. Is this possible to pull of?
Too many words. I don't understand what you are trying to actually make happen.

Which keyboard keys do you want to simulate which buttons on a controller?
(10-06-2019, 01:48 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Too many words. I don't understand what you are trying to actually make happen.

Which keyboard keys do you want to simulate which buttons on a controller?

Apologies, but what I'm trying to accomplish is difficult to explain. This is in part because I'm not really sure how to pull it off. I'm basically trying to emulate the GameCube d-pad and left stick with the same buttons (WASD). I know that this will cause input collision between the two, so I need to figure out what syntax to use so that this doesn't happen. I believe using the not (!) switch is needed but I'm not entirely certain how.
To my understanding:
Using wasd for both analog and d pad isn't a problem unless changing weapons.
When changing weapons with KB q or r, you don't want to move, so no analog.

I think you want something like:
Analog up is W & !(Q or R)
So on for other directions

I'm not sure if the syntax is right though.
(10-06-2019, 04:47 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding:
Using wasd for both analog and d pad isn't a problem unless changing weapons.
When changing weapons with KB q or r, you don't want to move, so no analog.

I think you want something like:
Analog up is W & !(Q or R)
So on for other directions

I'm not sure if the syntax is right though.

Yea, Dolphin throws a syntax error. That's ok I'll just have to try something else.
"or" should be replaced with the | character.
W & !(Q | R)
(10-07-2019, 09:12 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]"or" should be replaced with the | character.
W & !(Q | R)

This didn't work quite as intended, but it did lead to something better. Thanks for the reply!