Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem building from source;
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since on the github page you can not submit issues, I am not sure if I can post here, but here goes.

I want the dev version for Linux (am I correct in saying its the only version with vulkan support?)

Installed all the dependencies from here

Cmake ran fine, however make I run into this issue, if anyone could help please...

Code:
Scanning dependencies of target audiocommon
[  5%] Building CXX object Source/Core/AudioCommon/CMakeFiles/audiocommon.dir/AudioCommon.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/soundtouch/FIFOSamplePipe.h:46,
                from /usr/include/soundtouch/SoundTouch.h:68,
                from /home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/AudioCommon/OpenALStream.h:35,
                from /home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/AudioCommon/AudioCommon.cpp:12:
/usr/include/soundtouch/FIFOSamplePipe.h: In member function ‘bool soundtouch::FIFOSamplePipe::verifyNumberOfChannels(int) const’:
/usr/include/soundtouch/FIFOSamplePipe.h:62:9: error: exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
        ST_THROW_RT_ERROR("Error: Illegal number of channels");
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [Source/Core/AudioCommon/CMakeFiles/audiocommon.dir/build.make:64: Source/Core/AudioCommon/CMakeFiles/audiocommon.dir/AudioCommon.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:453: Source/Core/AudioCommon/CMakeFiles/audiocommon.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2
It looks like it's attempting to build with soundtouch libs installed on your system rather than from Dolphin's "Externals" directory.
Assuming debian/ubuntu: If possible remove the libsoundtouch-dev package from your system and try again.
I'll see if I can fix the real problem in the meanwhile.
(10-05-2019, 11:27 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it's attempting to build with soundtouch libs installed on your system rather than from Dolphin's "Externals" directory.
Assuming debian/ubuntu: If possible remove the libsoundtouch-dev package from your system and try again.
I'll see if I can fix the real problem in the meanwhile.

That did the trick, starting from scratch with a new git, I get past the audiocommon issue, but now a new one Tongue Sad 

Code:
[ 17%] Building CXX object Source/Core/Common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/x64CPUDetect.cpp.o
/home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/Common/x64CPUDetect.cpp:45:12: error: ambiguating new declaration of ‘u64 _xgetbv(u32)’
static u64 _xgetbv(u32 index)
           ^~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/include/x86intrin.h:74,
                from /home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/Common/Intrinsics.h:12,
                from /home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/Common/x64CPUDetect.cpp:10:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/include/xsaveintrin.h:60:1: note: old declaration ‘long long int _xgetbv(unsigned int)’
_xgetbv (unsigned int __A)
^~~~~~~
/home/jimmy/dolphin-emu/Source/Core/Common/x64CPUDetect.cpp:45:12: warning: ‘u64 _xgetbv(u32)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static u64 _xgetbv(u32 index)
           ^~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [Source/Core/Common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/build.make:596: Source/Core/Common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/x64CPUDetect.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:605: Source/Core/Common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2
That error doesn't make any sense considering you're building on Linux and that line is disabled by an #ifdef _WIN32.
Are you building the latest master or some old revision?
(10-07-2019, 07:41 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]That error doesn't make any sense considering you're building on Linux and that line is disabled by an #ifdef _WIN32.
Are you building the latest master or some old revision?

I am on Lubuntu yeah, basically ubuntu/debian.

I am using this 
Code:
git clone https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin.git dolphin-emu
Does this not get the latest version ? wait is it the "dolphin-emu" at the end, grabbing the old/standard version and not the dev?
"dolphin-emu" there is just the name of the directory, which is fine.
(10-07-2019, 09:10 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]"dolphin-emu" there is just the name of the directory, which is fine.

Oh right yeah of course, so is that the latest dev version yeah?
Yeah
(10-08-2019, 09:40 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah

Any ideas to fix this then? or do I wait for fix?, thank you though
No ideas. The error makes no sense. Maybe your build system is screwy or something.
Pages: 1 2