Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Updater.exe detected as Trojan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated dolphin and everything went well until the updater tried to update itself, with the log reporting that the update failed.  I downloaded the latest build with the idea of manually replacing the updater.exe file but Windows Security is reporting the download as a threat as shown on the attached image.

Is this the typical false-positive that occurs with some emulation or PC gaming files, or could there really be an issue with the download?

[color=#ffffff][Image: aXm8i38.png][/color]
This was a false detection that was fixed on Microsoft's end.
OK. Thank you. I will make sure my virus definitions are updated and the file to exceptions, if the problem persists.
this also happens on avast some times but i know it isnt a virus as i have executed the updater and it hasnt damaged my computer
Please see this thread for more information regarding this problem: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...alse-alert

If you have something you'd like to discuss, feel free to use the thread in the link. We're trying to consolidate everything in once place instead of having each user make a separate report on the forums.